In this comprehensive presentation, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, teaches you how to create resilient and easy-to-maintain budget spreadsheets. Among other techniques, David shows you how to separate inputs from calculations, build out a separate calculations spreadsheet, create both an operating and a cash flow budget, transform filtering tasks, and preserve key formulas.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the Microsoft 365 (formerly known as Office 365) version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based product that provides new-feature updates as often as monthly. Conversely, the perpetual licensed versions of Excel have feature sets that don?t change. Perpetual licensed versions have year numbers, such as Excel 2019, Excel 2016, and so on.
- Mastering the IFERROR function to display alternate values in lieu of a # sign error.
- Crafting formulas to compute gross margins, projected sales, commissions, and related amounts.
- Preserving key formulas using hide and protect features.
- Building operating budgets quickly based on detailed supporting schedules that provide an audit trail.
- Employing the SUMIF function to sum values related to multiple instances of criteria you specify.
- Protecting sensitive information by hiding formulas within an Excel workbook.
- Improving the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel?s VLOOKUP function.
- Utilizing Excel?s Name Manager feature to review and manage named ranges within a workbook.
- Understanding why it?s worthwhile to build out supporting schedules to break down calculations used in budgets.
Why You Should Attend:-
- Define how to isolate all user entries to an inputs worksheet, while protecting all calculations and budget schedules on additional worksheets.
- Apply range names and the Table feature to create resilient and easy-to-maintain spreadsheets.
- Identify how to calculate borrowings from, and repayments toward, a working capital line of credit.
Who Should Attend:-
- Income Tax Preparers
- Enrolled Agents
- Financial Consultants
- IT Professionals
- Human Resource Personnel
- Excel Users
- Government Personnel